Monday, September 16, 2013

God of Miracles

Some times, when life gets a little hectic, we just need a miracle. Something small or large from the Lord that tells me that he hasn't forgotten me.  This morning I prayed for a miracle. I needed something. I was and am feeling more than a little bit under the weather. Being sick makes me tired and cranky like it does most people. Its also when I am sick that often I forget to include my Creator in how bad I feel. I sometimes think that the Lord does not have time to make sick Zach better.  He has got wars, revivals and the like to worry about. 

This morning I just needed something. A little bit of God. Just a shade of attention. A reminder of his providence and unfailing love because I am human. I forget that I forget that, per psalm 139, that even if I make my home in the depths of the ocean, He is there and his righteous right hand upholds me.  When I am sick an found wanting that my Savior is there, offering completion in Him.

There are times when my soul and my spirit cry out louder than my voice.  Today was one of those times.  The depth of my depravity overwhelms me sometimes.  There are mornings when I wake up and can barely face the day.  There are days when I do not feel like I can continue on in the everyday dredge that is life sometimes.  This morning though, the Lord offered me hope in the smallest way, but a way that meant the most. 

This morning I breathlessly called out to the Lord for a miracle.  My voice was not actually involved. My spirit, my very aching heart called  out to the Lord for a display of how good He is.  I was on the verge of packing the day in and trying again tomorrow. I went for lunch and, in what is a hazard of having to bank accounts, used the wrong card to pay for food. The transaction didn't go through and I was left standing there trying to figure out why my card didn't work.  Sixty seconds later, a friend that I did not see in line comes out of no where and pays for my food.  They wished me a good day and walked away. Now I sit here writing this, worshiping my God and thanking Him for thinking of me.  It was a small yet needed reminder that I am never far from Him. Even when I feel that way, like today, I just need to look up and see him providing for my needs. The Lord showed me my growth in desire for him.  My Father in heaven, in one act, breathed life into me. He whispered "I love you my son" to me and smiled. Warmth filled me as realization of what is true overtook the crushing lies of the evil one. Jesus loves me this I know; and I wanted to share it with you.

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment